You know those items you simply can’t find room for in the outdoor shed, or items you would prefer storing indoors, but simply don’t have space for? Your new deck boxes are the perfect solution for such items! Deck boxes not only afford you more storage space but are also waterproof so items won’t be damaged by rain or the elements. They have a sturdy exterior body, ensuring fragile items won’t be damaged. And the right deck boxes are going to provide optimal storage space, while minimizing mess and clutter, for those items which are thrown around the yard or garage, which you never seem to find time to put away.
Whether you need storage solutions for those items you use daily, or simply need to de-clutter your garage or outdoor tool storage shed, the right deck boxes are going to provide you the ideal solution for storage, while providing a clean, organized outdoor space, with just one box outside on your deck or patio area.
So when the time comes to choose your deck boxes for storage needs, there are countless options available. It is important to compare several designs, materials, sizes, and prices, to find the perfect fit for your deck or outdoor patio area. When the time comes to choose your new storage box needs, these are 5 great options from which you can choose, depending on storage needs, budget, and the material finish/design style you most like.
Top 5 Deck Boxes With & Without Seats
Who could ask for more than simple, sleek outdoor storage, plus a place to sit on your deck? Add in that it is designed and manufactured by one of the most recognized companies in Rubbermaid, and you are bound to love this great storage solution for your deck space. With this Rubbermaid deck box with seats, you truly have more than enough storage for your deck, all wrapped up with an elegant design and finishes (not available at Walmart).
- Comfortable Seats – It provides comfortable seating for up to two adults, perfect for storing those small outdoor garden tools and supplies, and unlike that wood or metal furniture you own, it won’t rust. The box is extremely easy to assemble and features a double wall construction design.
- Space Saver – If you have a limited space on your deck or patio area, this is the ideal solution for that space. Taking up under 4 feet of space, it won’t look overly cluttered, while eliminating that mess you have sitting on your deck at the present moment. The double wall construction is leak proof, is resistant to dents and damage, and moisture won’t seep in causing damage or harsh odors to those items you store in the box.
- Storage – Everything you need is right where you need it. From storing charcoal and grilling supplies, to storing those garden tools and items, it is the perfect solution for storage. It is also weather resistant. So sun, rain, sleet, or hail, aren’t going to cause damage to your storage box.
- Organization – For those who are looking for error free, simple set up, look no further. If you want something that is simple, well organized, and allows you to finally put away all those tools and supplies which are sitting on the patio making a mess and taking up space, this is the solution you’ve been looking for. And, for added security it is lockable, so if you want to store personal items, or those of value, they are also safe and secure in your deck box.
The Keter deck box offers a 150-gallon plastic storage area, larger than most standard tool sheds, meaning you’ll have far more storage space for those tools, expandable hoses, and cleaning supplies sitting on your deck. It is weather resistant, so water won’t find its way in, and sun won’t cause items to fade. The plastic material won’t warp, dent, peel, or otherwise get damaged, so items you store inside are also safe at all times.
- Appearance – A wooden panel exterior is elegant (more so than wicker deck boxes), and goes well with your wooden patio or deck, so it won’t clash or look cheap if you want to maintain that decor you’ve worked so hard to uphold. The storage bench is very easy to access, as it has an easy to open latch mechanism, allowing for quick open/close entry and exit to the storage box. You can place a large cushion on top of the box as well if you need additional seating area when you have guests visiting the home.
- Spacious – Pool toys, garden supplies, tools, bbq supplies, or anything else you need to store, will fit in the space, with plenty of room to spare for other odds and ends you have lying around. The extra large deck storage interior provides more than enough room for storing throws, blankets, pillows, and other items when you aren’t utilizing the deck space, and want to keep these items dry and clean from the elements and outdoor conditions they are exposed to. It is lockable so you can store items of value, and is Eco-friendly, as the material is made from recyclable items (not found at Home Depot).
- Won’t Fade – Add in the UV Protection and you don’t have to worry about the box getting warped or fading over time either. It will maintain its elegance, beauty, and vibrant color for years to come after purchase.
If you require large storage capacity, then look no further than the Suncast deck box for your outdoor storage needs. It features a 99-gallon capacity is ideal for mid-sized homes. If you have a pool and want to store the kids toys, want to store gardening supplies, or other small tools, you’ve met the ideal deck storage box for your outdoor space. It is easy to assemble, requires no tools, and in under 5 minutes, your storage deck box is ready for use!
- Easy To Transport – It includes handles on either end, making it easy to transport or move to different areas, based upon what you plan on storing in the box. The nice textured woven pattern also adds some depth and elegant design for those who want to maintain a nice outdoor space, with high-quality decor and finishes. The mocha brown exterior features an elegant design, and contemporary finishes for your patio area.
- Warrantied – The long last resin construction piece also comes with a 5 year guarantee, so you don’t have to worry about warping, damage, fading, or other outdoor elements damaging your deck box after it is assembled. It features a lightweight design which allows you to seamlessly move it from one place to another on the deck or patio as well. With the side grip handles, you won’t have to struggle when moving it around either. And, with a solid construction, you can easily place a couple cushions on top of it, for seating for up to 2 adults.
- All Elements – Snow, wet, cold, bright sunlight, you name it, the resin deck box can handle it. The weather proof and waterproof exterior design allows you to place this storage system anywhere, regardless of the time of year or weather conditions you are subject to where you live. Elegant, fine textured design finish, and more than enough storage for your outdoor space. All of this for a reasonable price, makes it a nice choice for homeowners in search of storage space, and something which will help bring out that elegant designscape you want for your patio area.
This is truly a bench in and of itself; add in the 70 gallon storage deck box which sits below your new bench and you have an all in one furniture piece for your deck. With side handles, you can truly kick your feet back, and enjoy a nice summer day outside, on your comfortable chair set. Add in the Keter Eden 70 gallon, large storage capacity, and your guests will never know what mess was previously lying around on the deck. Whether its the kids toys, your garden tools, or other supplies, it is all going to be neatly tucked away below your additional outdoor seating with this deck box (not available at Lowes or Costco).
- Durability – With a weight capacity of 771 pounds, you can easily seat two adults, and store nearly anything imaginable below those seats. The double resin construction is more durable than other wooden deck box materials as well. So it can withstand all the elements, from bright sunlight to those snowy winter days, your storage box and belongings are safely tucked away below your new outdoor bench. A lockable lid also adds that additional security you desire, so the wrong people won’t get their hands on your belongings.
- Design – Sophisticated lines, the neutral brown on brown color, and solid double textured resin design, are extremely durable. Your outdoor furniture and seating doesn’t have to be dull; as a matter of fact, this deck box is truly going to revolutionize your outdoor space. It is fully UV-protected, it is sleek in design, and is extremely easy to clean with a damp wipe cloth. All the storage you’ve been looking for, to add to your outdoor space, plus the convenience and elegance of the conventional deck seating. A truly revolutionary outdoor storage piece, which will give your yard space that facelift its needed for so many years.
A 60” size, won’t take up too much space on the deck when you choose this Lifetime deck box with a 130 gallon storage capacity. Weather resistant hinges, and high density polyurethane finishes, won’t warp, won’t fade, and won’t get damaged by the elements. Whether you live in extremely sun, rainy, cold, or snowy areas, your new deck box can handle these conditions and more.
- Security – A lockable lid allows you to easily open/close the box, and only provide access to those you want to have access to your stored items. A ten year limited warranty ensures a high-quality build, durable material finish, and ensures your deck box won’t easily be damaged once you set it up on your outdoor patio or deck space. It comes in a stylish brown and tan finish, so it is easy to acclimate with your current outdoor decor, and won’t clash with the decorative pieces you have on the deck.
- Ease of Use – It features a control spring hinge lid. This makes it easy to open and close, and the padlock design system won’t shut until you personally push it down to close. No more injured fingers or hands with this storage system. The UV protected, weather rated exterior can withstand the elements, all while keeping the items you store inside the box dry, mold free, and odor free, year-round on the deck. A rigid high wall construction also allows you to store nearly anything you want to place in the box. From garden tools and supplies, to pool toys, or cleaning supplies, everything will fit in the space neatly and will remain well organized in the space.
- Easy to Transport – The molded handles also allow you to easily transport and move the storage box to any location you want to place it on your deck, near your garage, or anywhere else you choose to keep it outside. If you are the DIY enthusiast, the interior also allows you to add storage brackets and shelves to the interior surfaces. You can easily store and compartmentalize items in the box, as you deem fit. And, if your deck needs additional seating, simply place a couple of cushions on top, and you have additional chairs for up to 2 adults right on top of the deck box.
Finding the Right Deck Box for Storage
The option is ultimately yours as the homeowner. Because you simply don’t have the storage space outdoors, your garage is far too cluttered, and you can’t ever find those tools, hoses, or other items you need (when you need them most), deck boxes might be the ultimate solution to your problems. With sufficient storage space for those items you use frequently, and protection from the elements, you can’t go wrong with deck boxes. These are a few great options to consider, which are going to help clean up that outdoor area, help you store away those items you use frequently, and finally clean up that outdoor space for a reasonable price point with storage boxes.