If you are fed up of uncoiling to use long hoses and then spending time winding them up again to store after washing your car or watering plants, then you should consider investing in a good expandable hose. The best expandable garden hoses save so much of this effort and also saves on storage space as they easily collapse to its original size after use. Moreover, expanding hoses can easily fit into small holders for storage purposes once retracted to its original size.
They are also lightweight and easy to carry around wherever required as they weigh about a third of the weight of a conventional hose. This is why expanding hoses are very popular and easier for senior citizens and children to handle. Moreover, they are not expensive and are affordable by most people’s standards. Alternatively, people using traditional hoses can purchase a water hose reel or hideaway.
Reasons For Using An Expandable Hose
If you need some more information for investing in an expanding hose, just read on to learn more about the many reasons to buy one:
- They are lightweight in design, where most of them weigh 1.5 pounds. This is much less than the approximate 7 pounds weight of a typical conventional hose.
- Expandable gardening hoses are easily moved around, with minimal effort and energy as they are flexible and lightweight in design. Senior citizens, small chi, dren and women find it so easy using these hoses for their watering needs when compared to using regular garden hoses.
- They do not need much storage space as they shrink to a small size after use, once the water source is turned off. They easily fit into small buckets and storage covers or containers when not in use. They are so small in design that they easily fit into your RV too!
- These hoses come in various sizes and are not confined or limited to only one length. They are usually 25 to 50 feet long, and can expand to as much as twice or thrice it’s length to a maximum length of about 100 feet.
- Most of these hoses have brass fittings which help improve the hose’s overall durability. With a brass fitting in place, there is a lower chance of damaging the hose if you accidentally step on it, when compared to hoses with plastic fittings.
Now you know the reasons for using expandable hoses, it may be still difficult to choose the best hose for your watering needs as these hoses are available so many brands! So here are a few reviews of the top 5 expandable garden hoses in the market for you to go through and help you make your choice.
Our Picks for 5 Best Expandable Hoses
The Pocket Hose Ultra Expandable hose is perfect for both residential and commercial use. It reaches a maximum length of 75 feet on complete expansion and is three times stronger than most of its other counterparts.
This hose comes in an accordion design where it is built with a revolutionary Dura rib inner tube and an outer pocket hose Dura rib hose. It also has an amber tip seal and tight sealed connectors which provide for added strength and durability of the hose.
Not only is the hose lightweight and easily stored in small spaces, it is also kink and tangle resistant. This makes it so much easier to use the hose without any hassles and also helps prolong its life. Moreover, its valves are usually open, which in turn prevents the hose from rupturing.
All you have to do to use the expandable hose is turn on the water and you will see the hose slowly, practically growing long into a snake! You can then use the hose wherever you want, as long as the hose can reach, and once you are done, you just have to switch off the water hose and the hose quickly retracts to its original size within a few seconds’ time.
- Very light, weighing about a pound without water
- Comes with an attractive, accordion design
- Easily contracts after use for storage purposes
- Made using solar stripe longer life technology
- Reaches a maximum length of 75 feet when extended
- Easy to move around and drain than normal hoses
- Affordably priced
Looking for some respite from the constant winding and unwinding hoses? Look no longer as the Ohuhu Super Strong Garden Expandable Hose may be just what you are looking for. This is the perfect hose for garden enthusiasts who find it difficult lugging long, conventional hoses around while watering plants and cleaning surfaces and cars.
This is an expandable hose which is made of durable double latex, which is in fact responsible for making the hose expand from its starting length of 17ft. to reach a maximum length of 50ft under water pressure. Once expanded, all it takes is a few minutes to contract to its original size once water pressure is stopped, and water flows out.
The hose does not tangle, kink or twist when in use, making it so much easier to use and carry around, and even store after use in its minimal storage space. The hose comes with a high quality spray nozzle which has 8 adjustable patterns to choose from including mist, shower, soaker, angle, cone, flat, full and center.
- Durable in construction as it’s made using durable double latex
- Lightweight enough to easily carry around when in use
- Easy to store as it comes in a space-efficient design
- Starts at a length of 17ft and expands to a maximum length of 50 ft with water.
- Needs a few minutes to contract to its original size after use
- Easy to use as it does not twist, kink or tangle when in use
- Has a superior quality spray nozzle with 8 adjustable patterns and sturdy brass connectors
- Affordably priced
With the All New 2017 Garden Hose 50 feet Expandable Hose around, gardening will no longer be a chore, especially if you are one of those who hate lugging long, heavy hoses around while watering your plants!
This is a hose with an innovative design that just seems to grow’ in front of your eyes as it’s tubing gets filled with water! The hose grows to a length that’s nearly three times its actual size once water is turned on.
The hose is space efficient and easy to store as it measures only 17ft long before expanding to its maximum length of 50 feet. All it then needs are a few seconds to contract to its original length of 17feet once all the water is turned off, and drains out.
Not only is the hose popular for its convenient, lightweight and space-efficient design, but also for its overall design. This hose is flexibly built so that it does not twist or kink, or cause any hassles when in use. The Garden Hose comes with a bonus, which is an optimal quality spray nozzle that has 8 adjustable patterns for you to choose from.
All the connectors in the expandable hose are made of brass, offering more durability and prolonged life with its excellent corrosion resistant features. The hose itself is made using high pressure resistant durable latex, ensuring better resistance and use even under average water pressure.
- Made using durable latex material that withstands average water pressure without bursting, leaking or breaking
- Is easily coiled for storage purposes after use without any kinking or twisting
- Grows to nearly thrice its size as it fills with water
- Has solid brass fittings and metal connectors
- Needs a few seconds to automatically contract to its original size after use and when the water source is shut off
- Comes with an 8-way nozzle and shut-off valve
- Easily stored with a few loops over a lightweight hose holder
- Comes with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty
You no longer have to put so much effort lugging long hoses around with the LawnPRO 50 foot Expanding Garden Hose in your gardening supplies arsenal! This is an expandable hose made using 5,000 Denier woven wrap, making it one of the strongest expanding hoses available in the market today.
This hose was constructed using the latest advancements in expanding hose technology where its outer fabric layer is made without the help of any seams or ridged rubbers. This in turn reduces the chances of the hose ending with a ruptured seam or kinks while in use.
The LawnPRO comes with solid copper fittings and steel assembly clamps which are much more durable and better in quality than the plastic fittings found in some hoses. This is because copper is one of the premium metals that is well-known for its durability and longevity.
The LawnPRO can be used with any standard garden hose faucet and can be easily connected to any other hose, spray nozzle or sprinkler if needed. Despite all these features, the hose is so light and compact in size, anyone can use it. It weighs less than 2.5 pounds and is only 20 feet long when contracted, and not in use.
- Expandable hose with a starting length of 20 feet and can reach 50 feet once expanded
- Strongly built using 5,000 Denier woven wrap
- Has strong, solid copper fittings and steel assembly clamps
- Lightweight and compact in build with a weight of less than 2.5 pounds and length of less than 20feet when not in use
- Built kink free, for convenient and tangle-free usage
- Comes with a 12 month manufacturer’s warranty
- Built with removable and replaceable fittings in case threads on either side gets damaged
- Conveniently stores in a storage bag when not required
Looking for a something better than the average garden hose? Why not invest in the PhoebusTech 100ft. Expandable Garden Hose Set instead of investing in a conventional hose? This hose is flexible and durable in structure as it consists of a 100% Triple Latex inner Core and a 5000*5000 high strength tough outer weave.
This is a premium quality garden hose which can withstand high water pressures up to 9 Bar/130 PSI/900kPa, and which can be expanded to a maximum length of 100 feet upon turning the water supply on. Once the water supply is switched off, it easily retracts to its original shape and length within seconds for convenient and easy storage.
There is no worry of any tangling, twisting or kinking while using this expandable Garden Hose. Moreover, it has solid brass connectors and an inner rubber washer which ensures there are no chances of any leakage, cracks, corrosion or breakages occurring to the hose when in use.
Its nozzle offers 8 watering settings to choose from like Cone, Mist, Center, Flat, Soaker, Shower, Jet and Rinse, which is applicable under, and in any circumstance. The hose can however be used with any standard faucet, and can be connected to any spray nozzles, sprinklers or even other hoses. To top it off, the hose is lightweight at less than 5 pounds and comes with a useful hanging hook and storage bag for its convenient storage.
- Constructed using premium quality triple layer latex core and tough outer woven casing
- Solid brass connectors and washer are durable enough to prevent breakage and cracks
- Easily expands to thrice its size of 100 ft when water pressure is turned on
- Quickly retracts to its original size and shape for storage after use and switching off the water supply
- Can resist a maximum of 9 Bar water pressure
- Nozzle offers 8 water watering settings
- Comes with a hanging hook and storage bag for storage purposes
- Compatible with temperatures as low as -5 degrees C and as high as 45 degrees C
- Works with standard faucets and connects to any spray nozzle, hose or sprinkler
- Comes with clear and easy-to-understand instructions
We hope these Tractor Sprinkler Hub reviews should help you find the best expandable garden hose for your gardening and watering needs. Whichever hose you eventually choose, you can prolong its life by not putting extra stress on the hose and hose connectors by unnecessarily yanking it.
With some basic care, and the right choice, your expandable garden hose will be able to serve you for quite a long time. It is especially convenient to senior citizens, children and women who find it tiring lugging long, conventional hoses across the lawn and spending too much time unwinding and winding it before and after use!